Monday, May 12, 2014

Hermana Cheever is lovin' Mexico!

Dear all,

I am just loving Mexico. Like really. I am already thinking about how much I will miss Atlixco when I leave, and how much I will miss Mexico when I come back home. In 17 months. That's right folks, I have already been gone for one month. Miss me yet? Haha, but on the other hand, I need to remember to live each day, and get the most out of each day.

Currently we have two investigators with a baptismal date. They are both fantastic ladies and know they should be baptized, but it took some serious persuading (from the Spirit of course) to get them to commit to a date.

Getting to talk to my mom and dad was super great! I am excited to get to work this week! I have a feeling we're going to be working harder than we ever have before!

Les amo todo! Muchas gracias por todos sus ejemplos y consejos y oraciones. También, los que no están sirviendo en un misión de tiempo completa, recuerden que la obra necesita la ayuda y apoya de los miembros! Den a los misioneros en sus áreas referencias! Les necesitan :) (help the missionaries in your área, they need it! And the work goes nowhere without the assistance of the members.)

Mi pensamiento espiritual es esto: a veces Dios va a dejarnos a hacer decisiones incorrectas. No va a dirigirnos en cada cosa. No va a dar mandamientos de cada situación. El espera que usemos nuestro conocimiento y consciencia a hacer decisiones correctas. Pero no siempre son correctas. Cuando realizamos que hemos hecho un error, debemos arrepentirnos y humillarnos. Esto debe acercarnos mas a Cristo porque realicemos que le necesitamos todo el tiempo. (Espero que ese tenga sentido :))

My spiritual thought is this: sometimes God lets us make wrong decisions. He's not going to direct us in all things. He's not going to give commandments for every situation. He expects us to use our good judgment to make correct choices. But our choices are not always correct. When we realize that we have made a mistake, we must repent and humble ourselves. This should bring us closer to Christ because we realize that we need Him all the time.

And He's always there for us. When I start to feel down, I remember that I've got my Best Friend working right beside me.

Keep smiling :)
Hermana Cheever



ps I finally remembered my camera, entonces aquí están unas fotos para disfrutar

A tree that looks like a pineapple


Hermana Campos y yo afuera de la capilla

This box of cookies. Story of my life




No comments:

Post a Comment