Monday, September 29, 2014

ATEXCAC!

Dear all,

So I have been transferred from Atlixco, after being there for five months! I was a little sad and apprehensive to leave my first area, but I love it here and I know that the Lord wants me here. My companion is Hermana Terrones, from Tamaulipas, Mexico. She is great!


Atexcac (se dice ah-tes-ka if you're lazy or like it's written if you're not) is a super small town with two main streets. Everyone here is family. All the residents either go to:
  • La capilla (chapel)-that's us
  • El templo (temple)-Evangelical Christians
  • La iglesia (church)-Catholics
Everyone has heard of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints before, so that makes things a little easier in one way, a little harder in another. There are 600 members in this little town, but only about 120 come to church every week. This shows us the importance of being truly converted. If we are not converted to Christ, if we don't have a testimony of Him, His Atonement, and His Restored Gospel, we will not have the strength nor the means necessary to endure to the end.

What do you need to do to be converted? Have you read the Book of Mormon? Have you prayed about it? Have you prayed about Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the gospel? How do you show God that you have faith? Are you just a Sunday member, or do you strive daily to improve yourself and keep God's commandments?

Another thought I want to leave you with is that this week is....GENERAL CONFERENCE. I have never been so excited in my life. I have always liked listening to General Conference, but I am so grateful for the opportunity to listen to a living prophet. I am so excited for other people to be able to experience the Restored Church in action. I hope you will all make time this weekend to listen to all 4 (or 5) sessions of General Conference. Pray that you will be able to receive solutions to problems, pray that our church leaders will be able to help you.

I know that this church is true. I know that God and His Son live and love us. I know that They have given us prophets that we might be able to know how to live Their gospel and receive a fullness of joy by returning to live in Their presence with our families. Forever.

Be an example to all those around you. Rid yourself of fear and doubt and live by faith.

Hermana Cheever
 

The volcanoes! Or volcanos. I never knew. Mosquitoes either. QuiƩn sabe.





No comments:

Post a Comment