Monday, March 30, 2015

Feliz cumpleaños!


Dear all,

Things have been going just dandily! (Is that even a word? Sometimes I forget how to speak English). This week I will complete one year as a missionary! WOW! Time has flown by so quickly! But I just want to share with you all some things that I maybe already knew before but I understand better or realearned here. I am sure that you maybe also know these things, but I invite you all to understand better or relearn them as well.

  • God loves us. That love never changes, and He always wants what is best for us. 
  • God is in control. When things don't seem to go your way, take a breath, take a break, and ask yourself if maybe your way isn't God's way. 
  • The Atonement is real. There is just so much to understand and comprehend about this topic that every single day of your entire life you can learn more about it. And that's a fact. The Atonement gives us power and reason to live each day. Also, as part of your Easter and Conference celebrations this week be sure to see the new church video Because He Lives. 
  • Patience is a virtue. And virtue is a grace, Grace is a little girl who wouldn't wash her face. But for real, patience is a real and important thing that we could all use a little more of. 
  • When we trust in God, we can do anything. I know this from experience because I have eaten goat stomach and cow liver and lo and behold, I am still living. But this applies in other areas as well. Like when you think you're so tired you can't take another step, or when an investigator just isn´t progressing, or when you think you just can't handle one more trial. Just hold on and remember the important three things mentioned above. 
  • This life is a time of trial to prove to God that we love Him and want to return to live with Him. So prove it!
  • Repentance is a necessary part of life. If God expected us to be perfect, He wouldn't have sent His Son to sacrifice His life for us. 
So that's my message for this week. Keep learning and remembering and applying gospel principles in your lives, and I know that you will find a way out of your darkest holes and your most painful trials. And trust me, I'm a missionary.

Love,
Hermana Cheever

No comments:

Post a Comment