Monday, August 17, 2015

Transfers!

Adios Metepec!
Dear all,

So I was informed last night that I would once more be transferred! I wonder when the Lord will let me have a companion for more than 6 weeks. . . but I am getting to know a lot of wonderful sister missionaries! Metepec has been great, and now I am ready for whatever else the Lord has in store for me.

I know that God has a hand in all of our lives. Sometimes the problem is that we cannot recognize it or we are slow to see it. But He watches out and cares for each and every one of us. As President Monson said in the general women's conference in September 2013, the love that He has for us is simply always there.

We have been able to see how God's hand has influenced one special family this week. A few weeks ago, my companion, a returned sister missionary, and I contacted a lady in the street. She told us we could visit and told us where she lived. A few days later, we passed by to set up an appointment. When we returned for the appointment, she enthusiastically welcomed us in and we had a fantastic lesson! The next lesson we put a baptismal date, and the next week (yesterday Sunday) she and her daughter came to church! She told us that she is looking for a change in her life, and she is starting to feel that change as she listens to our message, reads the Book of Mormon, and attends church. Sadly, I will not be here to see her progress, but I know that the Lord is preparing the hearts of His children to be converted.

I hope you all have a great week and can take some time to recognize the hand of the Lord in your lives!

Love,
Hermana Cheever

No comments:

Post a Comment