Monday, July 7, 2014

Weekly email!

Hola!

This week I just have one experience that I want to relate. There's an inactive young woman in our ward named Melina. We have been visiting her for the entire time that I have been here. Almost every week she promises us that she will come to church, but every week something comes up. Well, about a month ago we started leaving for church early in order to stop by and accompany her to church. And she never came with us.

UNTIL YESTERDAY! Melina came to church :) after about 3 years of inactivity. She is the sweetest soul ever, and just about my best friend here!

My advice to you is to never give up! Sometimes things require diligence. Lies. All the time things require diligence.

One other thing. Hopefully we will be able to baptize Antonia this week. She is amazing, I love her so much. The only things that would impede her from making a covenant with God this weekend is café. That, and she feels like she hasn't been putting forth enough effort in her prayers and scripture study. Which I know isn't true. She has had amazing experiences with the Book of Mormon. But if she isn't ready this week, another week. It's all in the Lord's timing, and I am so grateful to be able to be a part of His work because it brings me the greatest joy I have ever felt.

I hope you are all praying for, finding, and participating in many missionary activities!

Let us all press on!

Hermana Cheever

Melina is the one in the wheelchair, the other two girls sitting are some Laurels from the ward, 
the one standing on the left is my companion and 
the one of these things that isn't like the others is yours truly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment