Monday, June 30, 2014

My last week of Training

Dear family and friends and other random people who may see this,

Yes it is true, la última semana de las primeras 12 semanas ha llegado. A veces me siento como he estado aquí for a lifetime, a veces only for the blink of an eye. But I am in the last week of my 3 months of training. Because I got here in the middle of a transfer, I will still have another month here in Atlixco with my trainer, and who knows, perhaps more after that. I'll serve where the Lord wants me to serve.

This week I just want to remind you that God wants us to be happy. That's something I forget often here in the mission field. I get so preoccupied with being punctual, with doing everything exactly right, with whatever cosa, and I forget to take time to be happy and grateful.

Our Father's plan is called the Plan of Happiness for a reason. Living the commandments brings us joy in the midst of trials and peace during the storm. When we don't feel this happiness and peace, what can we do? Pray. Recently I read in Talmadge's (I hope I spelled that right, Spanish is messing with my English) Jesus the Christ about The Lord's Prayer. I wish I could write here everything he says about prayer, but it's pretty lengthy. One cosa muy importante que escribe es que God without prayer would still be God. We without prayer are nothing.

Prayer is a tool that God has given us to communicate with Him. The purpose of prayer is not to let God know our thoughts, desires, and needs. He knows all those things. It is an opportunity for us to exercise our faith and a gift from God to help us not only feel but be closer to Him.

Últimamente. quiero compartir una experiencia de un investigador se llama Antonia. Ella empezó a leer el Libro de Mormón hace un mes, más o menos. Ella normalmente no recuerda bien lo que lee, pero con el Libro de Mormón puede contarnos claramente lo que ha leído. Eso es un milagro. También ella nos dijo que al leer el Libro de Mormón tiene más paz en su vida en general. No se preocupe tanto, y se siente más tranquila en medio de sus desafíos. Yo sé que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero, y que estas cosas son bendiciones que Antonia ha recibido a ejercer su fe.

Hermana Cheever :)

Last paragraph according to Google translate: ** Lastly. I want to share an experience of an investigator called Antonia. She began to read the Book of Mormon a month or so ago. She normally does not remember well what she reads but with the Book of Mormon can clearly tell what she has read. That's a miracle. She also told us that when reading the Book of Mormon she has more peace in life in general. Do not worry so much, and feel more peaceful amid its challenges. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and that these things are blessings Antonia has received to exercise their faith.**

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update and the reminder to be happy, a positive outlook never hurt anyone. It is also good to be reminded of both the necessity and the benefit of prayer. Sounds like you are successfully working on both ideas.

    ReplyDelete