Monday, June 2, 2014

La semana en que una misionera estuvo enferma

Dear all.
The sick missionary was not me! We went to the clinic early early Tuesday morning (2:00 am) because my companion was throwing up blood! Fun stuff. Before you start to worry, it was only a little bit, and she is perfectly fine now. But what an adventure that was! We were at the clinic all night, and all day Tuesday. I never want to be sick or have to sit with a sick person in a hospital ever again in my life. Mi compañera me dijo que tengo el estomago de una Mexicana porque no me he enfermado, jaja. Es chistoso porque ella realmente es Mexicana, pero se enfermó.

Despite all that, we had one investigator this week commit to a baptismal date! She's the mother of a less active young woman. Se llama Carmen. Ella quiso mucho a ser bautizada con su hija, pero no estaba casada a su pareja, entonces no pudo. Ahora todavía no está casada, pero queremos que puedo casarse a estar lista a ser bautizada el 14 de Julio. I love talking to her because she has an enthusiasm for the gospel and she loves the Lord so much. Every time we talk about baptism, her face lights up and she just looks so happy.

I really hope that this works out because all the other dates that we have set with other investigators have fallen through because they don't come to church. We're working on that.

Ésta semana quiero testificar a ustedes que el poder del sacerdocio de Dios es real, es potente. También, Él nos escucha cuando oramos, y que Él nos contesta. Dios nos ama mucho, y quiere que estemos felices. No quiere que estemos desanimados o tristes. Eso ne es parte de su plan. A veces fallamos, pero por eso no debemos sentir como hemos fallado en la vista del Señor. Él siempre ésta allí, esperándonos a pedir por su ayuda. Ésta semana me sentía un poco desanimada, y por eso yo pedí por una bendición, y me ayudó mucho. Estoy muy agradecida por el poder del sacerdocio en mi vida.

This week I want to testify to you that the power of the priesthood of God is real and powerful. Also, He listens to us when we pray and He answers us. God loves us a lot, and He wants us to be happy. He doesn't want us to be discouraged or sad. That's not part of His plan. Sometimes, we fall short, but that doesn't mean that we should feel like we have failed in the sight of the Lord. He is always there, waiting for us to ask for His help. This week I have felt a little discouraged, and because of that I asked for a blessing. That helped me a lot. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood in my life.

Also remember that God has given us weaknesses that we may be made strong. We are made strong by turning to Him in humble prayer and pleading for forgiveness of our faults and the strength and ability to do and become better in the future.

Paul, one of the greatest missionaries in scriptural history (in my opinion) said "When I am weak, then I am strong". I wish I could remember where that was in the Bible, and I hope that it really was Paul that said it. If not, I am very embarrassed. But it's okay.

Read Ether 12:27 and think of a weakness that this week you can start turning into a strength.

Que les vaya bonita!
Hermana Cheever

No comments:

Post a Comment